Hit the road with peace of mind.
Everything you need for the 2004 or 2005 Passat TDI timing belt job! For the North American market, the "BHW" engine was used in all 2004-2005
Passat TDI's. We have assembled the most complete timing belt sets with everything you need to successfully change your timing belt. We have years of experience supplying TDI drivers with the most complete timing belt package on the market and we look forward to helping you save time and money with one of our kits!
The Passat TDI timing belt interval is 80,000 miles and is assured with the use of the parts in our timing kit.
Why our kit is better:
What you get:
- We buy our timing belts, serpentine belts, rollers, and tensioners directly from the OE manufacturers so we have the "freshest" stock with the least amount of handling.
- Our exclusive water pump removal kit greatly reduces the time it takes to remove a water pump that's stuck.
- We include two long 8mm bolts to make it easy to move the lock carrier forward to give access to the timing belt.
- We offer proven water pumps with a steel impeller that will never separate from the shaft like the plastic impeller pumps.
- We've been selling timing kits since 2001 and our finely honed packaging system gets the parts to you in flawless shape.
- We offer a link to a thorough and trusted online timing belt replacement procedure from our friends at Myturbodiesel.com.
038 109 119P Gates Timing Belt, Super tough, Aramid-reinforced Timing Belt, made in the United Kingdom
038 109 243M Litens Timing Belt Tensioner, OE brand
038 109 244J INA Timing Belt Idler roller, OE brand
038 121 011G Hepu Water Pump with included o-ring seal and high-flow steel impeller
Exclusive Free Dieselgeek Water Pump Removal Kit (See details below.)
038 109 454A Always-replace 8mm shoulder nut for 243M belt tensioner, OE from the dealer
N 015 083 11 Always-replace 8mm shoulder nut for 244J idler roller, OE from the dealer
068 103 085E DPH brand German cam seal (Since cam sprocket doesn't need to be removed, replace seal only if leaking.)
06B 260 849A Gates Serpentine A/C Belt
038 903 137T Gates Serpentine Alternator Belt
Plus four Grade 12.9 hardened replacement Allen bolts for the harmonic balancer
This kit also includes two
extra long 8mm bolts to allow the installer to move the fiberglass radiator support four inches forward for an easier timing belt change! (
Pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, ) This picture shows where these
bolts are installed as marked by the red ball in the bumper area of the car. (Like tool VW 3411) One bolt goes on the passenger side and one goes on the driver side. These bolts are a very handy addition to the kit!
Click here for third party timing belt replacement procedure from Myturbodiesel.com.
Exclusive Dieselgeek.com Water Pump Removal Kit:
Oftentimes the water pumps on the Passat TDI engines are hard to remove from the engine block due to a tight fit, corrosion, and water pump o-rings that are prone to sticking to the engine block. We have designed a jack screw that makes the extraction of stuck water pumps MUCH easier. To use the water pump removal screws, first simply remove the three screws holding the water pump to the engine block. Next, apply a generous amount of grease to the threads of each of the three water pump removal screws. (It does not matter what kind of grease you use and the screws will usually work without grease.) Finally, using an 11mm or 7/16 inch socket, tighten the three extractor screws evenly into the three water pump mounting holes. The water pump will be conveniently and easily pushed out of the engine block by the screws.
If you would like to buy your Passat TDI timing parts individually then you can find them on this page.
BHW Timing Belt Kit unboxing