Finally, the peace of mind you've been waiting for!
The Dieselgeek MK5/MK6 Panzer Plate heavy duty skid plate fits all mid-2005 through 2010 Jetta, 2006 - 2008 A5 GTI, 2007 R32 and 2006-2009 Rabbits. Also fits 2009 through 2014 MK6 Golf, Golf Wagon and Jetta Sportwagen. Also, fits the Golf R if you remove the air duct coming from driver front corner.
The Panzer Plate protects your soft cast aluminum oil pan and soft aluminum subframe from the many perils of everyday driving such as exploded truck tires, dead animals, ice chunks, mountainous speed bumps, parking curbs and raised manhole covers which have become so common in construction areas.
- The Panzer Plate features a sturdy .190 inch solid aluminum bottom plate and 10 gauge (.134 inch) stainless steel mounting brackets.
- All of the hardware is of very high quality and the custom made giant nuts make the installation a breeze!
- Removal and reinstallation is as easy as removing and replacing the four giant nuts holding the skid plate to the car.
- The Panzer Plate system utilizes your factory sound dampening pan so your low factory noise levels are maintained.
- Since the Panzer Plate mounts tight up against the bottom of the plastic belly pan it does not reduce ground clearance at all!
- The Panzer Plate only weighs 22 pounds installed.
- The skid plate mounting system will not interfere with normal service procedures such as timing belt changes.
- The Panzer requires no drilling or permanent modification to the vehicle. It’s a bolt on!
- Factory coated hardware is used in critical locations such as the rear subframe studs. The giant 12mm anchors at all four corners keep the skid plate solidly in place for heavy strikes!
- Panzer Plates are computer designed and manufactured to ensure a great fit and good looks!
TDI diesel and 2.0 TFSI gas: An oil extractor such as the Pela 6000 oil extraction
device (or similar) may be purchased from oilchangekits.com to allow
you to suck all of the used oil out of the dipstick tube. Filter change: The TDI and 2.0 TSI oil filter housing is at the top of engine bay and does not require access from below the engine bay. You can see that it is very easy to fully eliminate the need to get under the car at all for TDI or 2.0 TSI oil changes! If you prefer to get under your car during oil changes, removal of the Panzer Plate is only a five minute process and the plate itself only weighs 14.65 pounds.
2.0T, R32 3.2 VR6 and 2.5 five cylinder cars: Due to the fact that the oil filter is at the front of the engine bay and is facing the ground you must remove the skid plate to change the oil filter on these engines. Removal is only a five minute process and the plate itself only weighs 14.65 pounds.
To get a shipping quote for U.S. and international delivery
points, add the item to you cart and input your state and postal code in the
"Calculate Shipping Rates"
box on the right side of the cart page.
Click here for
a printable PDF install guide. (Printed instructions are not provided