Hit the road with maximum peace of mind.
For the North American market, the "BEW" engine was used in all 2004-2006 Golf and New Beetle TDI and 2004-2005 MK4 Jetta TDI's. These cars have a timing belt interval of 80,000 miles. Our 22 piece kit has everything you need to go another 80K miles. We have years of experience supplying TDI drivers with the most complete timing belt kits on the market and we look forward to helping you save time and money with one of our kits!
Why our kit is better:
- We buy our timing belts, serpentine belts, rollers, and tensioners directly from the OE manufacturers so we have the "freshest" stock with the least amount of handling.
- Our exclusive water pump removal kit greatly reduces the time it takes to remove a water pump that's stuck.
- We offer all of the engine mount bolts and tensioner nuts bought from the VW dealer. No cheap substitutions are made.
- We offer proven water pumps with a steel impeller that will never separate from the shaft like the plastic impeller pumps.
- We've been selling timing kits since 2001 and our finely honed packaging system gets the parts to you in flawless shape.
- We offer a link to a thorough and trusted online timing belt replacement procedure from our friends at Myturbodiesel.com.
What you get:
038 109 119P Gates Timing Belt, Super tough, Aramid-reinforced Timing Belt, made in the United Kingdom
038 109 243M Litens Timing Belt Tensioner, OE brand
038 109 244J INA Timing Belt Idler roller, OE brand
038 121 011G Hepu Water Pump with included o-ring seal and high-flow steel impeller
Exclusive Free Dieselgeek Water Pump Removal Kit (See details below.)
038 109 454A Always-replace 8mm shoulder nut for 243M belt tensioner, OE from the dealer
N 015 083 11 Always-replace 8mm shoulder nut for 244J idler roller, OE from the dealer
N 105 167 02 Always-replace smaller 10mm vertical motor mount bolts x 2 (torque 30 lb / ft + 1/4 turn)
N 102 096 05 Always-replace larger 12mm vertical motor mount bolts x 2 (torque 74 lb / ft)
N 103 280 02 Longest horizontal engine mount bracket bolt
N 907 124 03 Shorter horizontal engine mount bracket bolt x 2
068 103 085E DPH brand German cam seal (Since cam sprocket doesn't need to be removed, replace seal only if leaking.)
06A 260 849C Gates serpentine accessory belt, made in USA!
Four replacement harmonic dampener Allen bolts in hardened Grade 12.9 (the original ones are soft and easily damaged upon removal)
Click here for third party timing belt replacement procedure.
Exclusive Dieselgeek.com Water Pump Removal Kit:
Oftentimes the water pumps on the BEW engines are hard to remove from the engine block due to a tight fit, corrosion, and water pump o-rings that are prone to sticking to the engine block. We have designed a jack screw that makes the extraction of stuck water pumps MUCH easier. To use the water pump removal screws, first remove the three black screws holding the water pump to the engine block. Next, apply a generous amount of grease to the threads of each of the three water pump removal screws. (It does not matter what kind of grease you use and the screws will usually work without grease.) Finally, using an 11mm or 7/16 inch socket, tighten the three extractor screws evenly into the water pump's three mounting holes. The water pump will be conveniently and easily pushed out of the engine block by the screws.
If you would like to buy your BEW TDI timing parts individually then you can find them on this page.
BEW Deluxe Timing Belt Kit Unboxing!